Getting Rusty with the Udoo Key

Discussion in 'UDOO KEY' started by DrewTChrist, Jun 8, 2023.

Tags:
  1. DrewTChrist

DrewTChrist UDOOer

Hello everyone,

I've been working on a repository of small programs for the Udoo Key written in Rust. I thought I'd share them here for everyone to take a look at. Right now there is a blinky for each individual chip. There is also an example that uses the serial connection to coordinate blinks between the chips with interrupts.

The next program I have is a socket client on the ESP32 and a Chip8 interpreter on the RP2040. The ESP32 will read a Chip8 rom from a socket server and then pass it to the RP2040 over the serial connection. Finally the RP2040 will be able to execute the Chip8 program.

Unfortunately, I don't have an Udoo Key Pro so I can't add any examples using the IMU or microphone. If you do have one and would like to contribute an example that would be great.

https://github.com/DrewTChrist/udoo-key-rs/tree/develop

Feel free to ask questions here if you have any issues running any of the examples.

2. bru3s

bru3s UDOOer

Hi @DrewTChrist, thank you so much for your efforts. I've been wanting to play with embedded rust for a long time and the Udoo Key seemed the perfect candidate for that; now, with your project it's very easy to start tinkering.

PS sorry for necroposting :)

3. DrewTChrist

DrewTChrist UDOOer

Hey don't worry about the necropost. I'm happy to hear someone finds this useful. If you run into any problems with the code in that repository feel free to open an issue on it or reply here. I believe the projects should still build fine, but the embedded-hal and rp2040-hal crates have updated quite a bit since I uploaded that code.