UDOO Neo Basic: how to use WiFi and Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Vinz87, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

I booted my UDOO Neo Basic and I control it with a USB mouse and a monitor connected with micro HDMI cable.
    I don't understand how to use WiFi and Bluetooth.

I would like to use bluetooth in order to be able to use a bluetooth keyboard for example. If I click on Bluetooth Manager, it tells me Bluetooth needs to be turned on, but if I click the "turn on bluetooth" button, nothing happens.

Also in Network Connections I see only the option to manually add a Wifi (or other type) connection: how can I use WiFi to search for available networks and pick mine?

Thanks

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Open VNC
    Open a browser on NEO
    Type Localhost
    On the left you can see a configuration tool and WiFi next to it.
    For what concerns bluetooth, if you type
    Code:
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    in the terminal it will work

3. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

Hi, I opened VNC, typed localhost on NEO's browser, the web configuration panel opened, I then clicked on "Configuration", and since that moment the localhost address stopped working.
    Chromium gave me a "webpage unavailable" problem, saying that "connection attempt to localhost was rejected".
    Trying to reopen from scratch the web configuration panel didn't work, I always get an "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" error code.

After rebooting the board, I get exactly the same behaviour: open web configuration panel, when you click on Configuration "localhost" can't be loaded anymore.

This prevents me from using Bluetooth too, since I suppose apt-get needs an Internet connection.

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Could it be a problem with your Wi-Fi? Are you able to connect your phone, for example?

5. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

I think I didn't explain the problem properly.
    I don't have a problem with my Neo Basic's wifi, I have a problem in using the Web Configuration Panel, which you say it should be accessible through the localhost address once logged in into the Neo via VNC.
    The Neo Basic board is connected to the Macbook via USB, I log in with VNC, I then try to open localhost on Neo's browser, it succeeds the first time, but as soon as I click on "Configuration" the localhost domain stops to be reachable.

There's no WiFi issues here, localhost has to work without Internet connection, since it's the way through which I should be able to turn on WiFi on Neo. Instead, it works the first time I open it, then it doesn't work anymore as soon as I click on "Configuration", until I reboot the board.