debian strech and arduino ide installed successfully

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Scott adams, May 11, 2017.

1. Scott adams

Scott adams New Member

I got debian stretch installed on the 32gb emmc for / and a sata ssd for swap and /home. rebooted and comes up finem then installed arduino ide and went through the setup steps on udoo site and eveything works fine. just for info I installed pycharm and it works well. will post with further updates as I get into development on this platform.

stecolumna and Markus Laire like this.
  2. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

Which version of Arduino IDE are you using? I'm trying 1.8.2 but uploading is not working in Debian Stretch. I'm getting "Timed out waiting for Arduino 101" every time.

I did add user to tty/dialout groups with "usermod -a -G tty USERNAME" and "usermod -a -G dialout USERNAME" as instructed by some tutorials.

EDIT: got it working with commands mentioned in this post.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. Scott adams

Scott adams New Member

I found a site that had a udev rule that I had to add. When I rebooted ev3rything work, sorry I cannot remember the site, I will try a search and post a link if I can find it. You might search for Debian and arduino 101

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

The Linux repair action for the failing Arduino sketch uploading is mentioned in the Arduino 101 installation instructions: https://www.arduino.cc/en/guide/arduino101#toc13

5. Markus Laire

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

There is also a remark in the trouble shoot thread of the arduino 101 forum:
    http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=377080.0

Markus Laire likes this.
  7. Markus Laire

Thanks, that file ~/.arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/arc32/2.0.2/scripts/create_dfu_udev_rule exists in Arduino IDE 1.8.2. (ps. I had tried to find it under .../Intel/tools/... so of course they had moved it to .../Intel/hardware/...)