Udoo Neo NTP Update on internet connection

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by PLouy, Jul 12, 2017.

1. PLouy

PLouy New Member

I am having difficulty setting up an automatic time adjustment on my neo. I need the NTP to look for internet time when I establish internet connection. On reboot the system time resets and I don't want to manually set the time each reboot. Can this be put in Udoobuntu? I have NTP up but it won't automatically sync.

Thanks for the help.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

By me on Udoobuntu 2 the time sets itself correctly automatically after each boot. Perhaps you have to set your time zone through the Udoo web config tool.

3. PLouy

PLouy New Member

I have set my time zone with the web config tool, but it will not update the time on network connection.

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Perhaps try with a fresh install with the latest image from the Udoo website (on another SD card). Your changes could interfere with the default Neo ones.

5. PLouy

PLouy New Member

Wiped my sd card and installed latest Udoobuntu from here: https://www.udoo.org/downloads/

The clock does not adjust when I connect to the internet. Any help would be appreciated. Websites won't let me connect to https since the date is off.

Thanks

6. PLouy

PLouy New Member

Tried this:
    udooer@udooneo:~$ sudo ntpdate us.pool.ntp.org
    31 Dec 19:23:34 ntpdate[2255]: the NTP socket is in use, exiting. Looks like NTP isn't configured properly.

7. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Strange, how do you connect to the internet? With wifi/lan/USB Direct? USB Direct can be troublesome.

Is there a firewall in your network that prevents connection?

8. PLouy

PLouy New Member

I don't think so. I was able to ping 0.us.ntp.pool.org with success. There is something in the software that isn't allowing the ntp program to update system time I guess.

9. Gorgo

Gorgo UDOOer

Sometimes the ntp server is blocked by router firewalls. For example, in my IT lab in Paris, I used to add a direct NTP IP in /etc/ntp.conf in order to make it get the date.
    Before trying ntpdate, remember to stop ntp service (service ntpdate stop)