SSD (m.2) not visible

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Mozart von Robot, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Mozart von Robot

Mozart von Robot New Member

I'm not sure why this isn't working. Any ideas? I can't seem to find any sign of it in the BIOS or the disk manager in Windows 10 (which I'm currently running on the internal NAND, but the intention is to install an OS on the SSD if I can only get it to appear).
    I'm using a flex adapter because the board is too small, having been told that should work, but I figured I might as well mention it. Is there something I'm missing? Do I need a special driver or something? The SSD is called "Samsung 850 EVO M.2".

2. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (size 2280) is a B+M-key mSATA flavor M.2 SSD so it should work, if the top M.2 slot (which is B-key) is used.
    Flex adapter might have messed thing up.
    Try just inserting into the top M.2 slot with temporary scotch tape fasten the module up to verify its functionality.

P.S. do not use the bootom slot (close to the PCB. This is A+E-key slot.)

ccs_hello

3. Mozart von Robot

Mozart von Robot New Member

The reason why I needed the flex adapter to begin with is because the SSD won't fit in the container I'm using as a case otherwise. I'd have to cut the zip ties and unscrew the screws and everything to be able to put the SSD straight into the slot (and I'm using the top slot, by the way; the bottom slot is being used for wifi, which works). But I guess that's a bullet I'll have to take in the name of troubleshooting.

4. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

5. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Not compatible with NGFF G-key cards.

LDighera likes this.