Connect Arduino Mega to UDOO quad via USB-serial problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manujnaman, Jan 9, 2014.

1. manujnaman

manujnaman New Member

I am trying to read serial data published from an Arduino Mega connected to UDOO Quad over a USB port. Application is that Mega is collecting readings from various sensors that are to be read by UDOO Linux computer. Problem is that Mega connected to UDOO does not show up in /dev/tty*. Usually this port shows up as /dev/ttyACM0.

Generally speaking, is it possible to read data from another Arduino board via USB - serial port on UDOO?

Thanks,
    Manuj

2. manujnaman

manujnaman New Member

The problem is that cdc_acm module is missing from the UDOO uad linux image. under /sys/bus/usb/drivers/ directory cdc_acm is missing. Does anyone know how to install this module/driver ?

Thanks.

3. janikel

janikel New Member

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i would have assumed that if you have the jumpers set properly (per the user guide) you should be able to take in serial data to the Linux/i.MX6 side.
    If you need that module installed, i cant say how to do it, but in general would be the same as you would on any ARM based Linux system. from that regard, UDOO isnt totally unique.

5. Chip

Chip New Member

I was able to connect a Sparkfun Mega Pro 5V using a FDTI cable to one of the USB type-A ports. It was recognised when I used the LXTerminal (dmesg | grep tty) as ttyUSB0. I am using Debian Wheezy with my Udoo Quad. Was able to use PySerial with Python2.7 to read messages from the board. Hope this is useful.