front USB power issue

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by linkhuntertwo, Jun 17, 2023.

1. linkhuntertwo

linkhuntertwo UDOOer

There is not enough power, I can't even install windows 10 with USB stick + Logitech dongle inserted in those ports without my keyboard and mouse disconnecting
    I probably gonna sell my Bolt v8, only thing they told me why you not using usb-c ports in the back.

It is very strange my phone can do SSD / mechanic hard drive without issue.

2. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

I do not have problems with the front USB ports, and I have an Intenso Memory Drive 500GB on it which is a mechanical disk drive.

3. linkhuntertwo

linkhuntertwo UDOOer

been over 2 years when I had the chance I should have return it before that I was hoping for bio update maybe fixed it

4. RedMod

RedMod UDOOer

I am having the same problem with my front usb ports. I noticed it when my mouse and/or keyboard dongle was not working correctly.
    Usb thumb drives also do not work correctly. The usb ports on the bonus port replicator are working fine and powers is steady.
    However i am hearing a faint buzzing sound when the board is not powered. It is changing intensity with the yellow blinking light on the board. When the light is shining, the buzzing is clearly audible, when its off, is almost not detectable. Once the board powers on, the buzzing is also almost not detectable. My brother in law is an electric engineer making it own boards and tells me it could be a short somewhere on the board and its gets faint when there is a load. Does anyone have encountered this? If yes, is there a specific component i can check?