got my udoo back today.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peter247, Apr 15, 2014.

1. peter247

peter247 Member

Just got my udoo back after a month udoo free, had a bit of a flashy screen at first but that starting to settle down now.
    I'm doing a soak test, because I had usb problems with last one, i'm using a usb keyboard / mouse and using wifi instead of network and using the display instead of headless, So i'm hopeing this one last longer than the last one did.
    After that I will have to add back the sata drive and move back to debian?

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Great, let me know if you're having some problems with this new board.

3. peter247

peter247 Member

Thanks Delba , I`m hoping I was just unlucky , because it`s the first time I`ve heard of something stop working due to underuse .

All my development board are powered 24 hours a day , and normal cause of death of due to power supplies , My sheevaplug which the udoo is replacing was powered for about 3 years and the only time it wasn`t switch working was due to the power supplies failed on the hard drive caddies , plus one very dead hard drive .
    My record was 296 days on which was ended due to a power cut due to the winter weather.

I stopped the flashing on the monitor by set the resolution to the monitors native monitors , instead of the default 1080p .